Sunday, September 23, 2007

Drum Carder!!!!

I'm so thrilled! I finally have a drum carder. I've been making batts like crazy and spinning up the batts practicing my long draw.





The skeins pile up as I practice, practice....... I feel pretty sure if I keep on practicing, my yarn will get better.




I think when I first started spinning, I spun pretty much a woolen yarn but then just months into my spinning, I took a class in which I was converted to worsted spinning. And I've been kind of stuck there for awhile. I still love worsted yarn but I am beginning to see the advantages of woolen spun too.
These are the batts I'm spinning up this evening:







I'm having so much fun! I'm also learning a lot.
The only problem is that I'm going through fiber so quickly and I keep on buying more..........

1 comment:

Alpaca Granny said...

I think your spinning looks very lovely. It appears very consistent. You remind me of myself. For a few years I thought the natural colors were the way to go, but now that I'm doing more dyeing, I'm appreciating both.