Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Llama Lace

After not too much thinking or planning, I jumped in and started a scarf with my 2 ply llama yarn. I usually get held up with sampling and nixing everything but this time I charged ahead. My thoughts are generally "Don't waste your handspun on anything other than something you'll be proud of." or "If you're going to spend all that time making something, it really should be the best you can come up with." All well and good but lately these reservations are making me very unproductive.
So I dove in with a lace pattern I charted out.








I do like the lace but I'm not sure about the yarn, needle size etc. I'm trying to be optimistic.









I did ply up that 3 ply out of the merino Rose Quartz but I still need to set the twist.
















And I couldn't resist spinning up the roving I was going to put in my Etsy store.











Already on my third bobbin with my fingers jonesing to ply. So curious what it's going to look like.

No comments: