Friday, December 8, 2006

Brava!


I'm very pleased. The alpaca took an even dye. I was hoping for darker but this is fine. Actually more of a silver gray than the brownish color in the photo.
So, although the colors together don't exactly bowl me over. I think it will work. I can always spin up a little more and dye to bring the whole thing together.













Ah well um..my vest dyeing project didn't turn out as well. I got carried away in the spirit and glugged copious amounts of vinegar in the pot before I remembered that I should do it slowly. Actually, I was pretty lucky, the front came out with an even dye. It's only the back that got two blotches...one of which is pictured here.


I had very low expectations for this vest to begin with. I just figure if I'm going to be spending time stirring the dyepot, it might be fun to stir two.






Now I begin swatching for the alpaca hat.
I have been working on a small project that should be done tonight. It's an er...a dog sweater. I actually never thought I'd make one. But there's a dog here and she needs one. I chose just some old wool I had lying around. Some vintage Patricia Roberts shetland that was a very loud hot pink. I overdyed it to a deep sedate purple. I used an Evelyn Clark pattern from Fiber Trends that is worked in a thermal rib.
I'll try to get a photo but this dog is extremely camera shy.

No comments: