Sunday, December 24, 2006

Not very much knitting happening.......

It's true. I think I knit just because I spin and need some justification for making all that yarn.
I've been working on this since July! I think I have 3 or 4 more repeats to do but I hardly ever pick it up. It's the Hanging Garden Lace Stole by Sivia Harding available from Knitpicks. (I've photographed about half its present size.)














But I have been working on the alpaca hat. I'll do a check for the size pretty soon to make sure it's going to work. I have about 3 inches done. The photo seems to exaggerate the size of the stitches. It's actually a very fine gauge and looks better "in person".











These are what I've been using for stitch markers on my lace projects and now even my colorwork. I lose stitch markers so fast, it's the most economical for me. The smaller ones work better but often I find myself having to use the large ones because I've lost all the small ones and they do seem to work fine.













The Silkworker's Notebook fell into my hands in the middle of last week. It's really wonderful. Please don't pay the outrageous prices some booksellers ask for it. It is still available from the author for 80 dollars versus the 200+ dollars copies I saw offered for sale in other spots.
My copy is obviously a used copy but I got it for a very good price.

No comments: