Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Being Flexible

Well, the fiber I dyed didn't turn out too badly if I keep the mindset of working with what I end up with.
This was suppose to be pink, russet and chestnut. Don't laugh.








But if I stay open minded and allow it to be what it is, I kind of like it. I want to navajo ply this to preserve the color sequence but I'm really bad at navajo plying. (I'm also trying to spin thicker yarn.)















The cotton roving came out horrible! I can redye it though. I will never use nylon again. I thought I had saturated the cotton with dye but as you can see it is very sparsely hit. I found the nylon unnecessary anyway. I actually rinsed the braided roving under the faucet very thoroughly with no harm done to the fiber preparation.
This isn't even funny, just sad. By the way, this was suppose to be pink, cerulean blue and camel. I've gotten little spots of cerulean with a very occasional discoloration that could be either camel or pink. But there might be hope for this yet. I'm spinning up the other aenemic cotton and it looks good on the bobbin.

No comments: